2014 Central Districts Championships
Sunday 09th to
Saturday 15th February 2014 inclusive
with Saturday 08th available as a practice day
Welcome to all
We thank our sponsors Centralines Ltd, HBS Bank and Pask Winery and recommend them to you.
Check in and daily briefings will be held in the club rooms on the aerodrome at Waipukurau.
The draft programme is as follows:
Saturday 8th February 2014 - check in and initial briefing starting at . All entrants will be required to fully complete an
2. Saturday 8th Feb – practice day.
Sunday through to Saturday 9th inclusive - contest days.
3. 10:30am daily briefing – everyday Sunday through Saturday inclusive.
4. Grid placings will be drawn out of a hat for Sunday and then rotated every flying day for fairness.
5. Club contact phone is as above i.e. 027-288-7522.
6. Aerodrome number is 06-858-8226 Note this is not always manned.
7. Contest Director is Neil Faulknor - 027-496-6372. Text landout co-ordinates to this number if possible.
8. Waipukurau Aerodrome is 430ft
for circuits 119.1. All circuits (both left hand [runway 02] and right hand
[runway 20]) are to the west of the aerodrome.
9. Gliding frequency is 133.55
10. Hastings Aerodrome frequency is 125.8,
frequency is 124.8 Napier Tower
Refer to current airways maps for required frequencies and airspace requirements. These will also be covered in the briefings.
11. Planned Meals:
a. Sunday evening – our club President is running a Gourmet BBQ
b. Wednesday evening – our Club is running a BBQ
c. Friday evening - at a location yet to be confirmed
Numbers will be requested and costs confirmed closer to each planned meal.
12. Further information will be given at the briefings each morning.
13. Free apples will be available each day for all to enjoy.
14. For those that wish to have a filled roll or other items from the bakery orders will be taken at briefing.
15. Tow fees, meal costs and any outstanding entry fees will be invoiced at the completion of the contest for prompt payment. Actual tow costs will be charged based on the costs incurred.
16. Enjoy your time in
and further afield. Keep the weather gods happy by
having some refreshment for them each evening at the friendly aeroclub bar. Hawkes Bay